How to make my model appear in UIPF?

if you want to make the new models you created appear in the LIBPF user interface, you need to tweak the UIPF.app/Contents/Resources/types.txt file

assuming the UIPF application package is inside your development folder as suggested in the Running your own kernel from the LIBPF user interface on OS X howto, you can edit it with:

open -a TextEdit Desktop/LIBPF_SDK_osx_1.0.2346/UIPF.app/Contents/Resources/types.txt

you will see that the file contains triplets of lines, separated by empty lines; for example the LIBPF user interface shows DeltaT as the first instantiatable type because types.txt contains:

DeltaT
Calculate fuel combustion adiabatic temperature change
FlowSheet<ZeroZero>

this is the meaning of the three lines:

1. the first line is the type name (case sensitive!)
  2. the second line is the description
  3. and the third line is the parent type; instantiable types are only those with FlowSheet as parent type.

just add your types to the types.txt file and restart the LIBPF user interface !

it’s correct? because i restarted LIBPF interface but it doesn’t appear

in the screenshot I can only see the last line test_McfcCcsMcc (that’s the OK for the 1st line: type name), but did you write after that the 2nd line (description) and the 3rd line (parent type) ? please copy-paste those lines here

here you are, correct? but doesn’t appear anyway

make sure there is a carriage return on the last line, otherwise it will not pick it up !

i left an empty line after the line of FlowSheet<ZeroZero>

…nothing changed?

did you restart the user interface (UIPF) ? is it the UIPF application package is inside your development folder ?

type tail Desktop/LIBPF_SDK_osx_1.0.2346/UIPF.app/Contents/Resources/types.txt and copy-paste the response here as text, not as screenshot

MBP-di-Marco:~ marcocescocasanova$  tail Desktop/LIBPF_SDK_osx_1.0.2346/UIPF.app/Contents/Resources/types.txt
natural gas combined cycle with integrated fuel cell for carbon capture, with intermediate fidelity 3x2 model for FC and 2-stage low-P cascade, feed to GMB
FlowSheet<ZeroZero>

MonoCell
Single monocell with intermediate fidelity model for FC
FlowSheet<ZeroZero>

test_McfcCcsMcc
test flowsheet for MCFC for CCS with cathode recycle
FlowSheet<ZeroZero>

anyway to restart i quit LIBPF interface and then opened it again

are you sure you are restarting the UIPF application package inside your development folder ?

maybe i’m wrong!.. when the program it’s close i go in my application package then i open it! or i have to push something else?

looks fine to me! tomorrow in the office I’ll test it here on OS X and will get back to you sorry for the trouble

ok, i’m waiting tomorrow! meantime i show to barbara bosio the results in monocle and choose a title for the thesis

sorry this works like a charm here; I have typed some test lines in types.txt:

a
b
FlowSheet<ZeroZero>

and there it comes:

Appeared!!! now? I’ve to start the project i suppose

1 Like