Problem with "Build project of mcfcccs"

Hi, i’ve opened mcfcccs.pro with qt creator, then i build project :

As you see in the last line there’s something wrong, why?
Maybe i’ve to follow the entire procedure with the LIBPF model wizard as i’ve done with PervaDist directory?

There is no need to follow the entire procedure with the LIBPF model wizard: this mcfcccs project should be all set !

It looks like Qt Creator can not find the boost library headers. Normally you got these from homebrew: they should be in /usr/local/include. Try to see if boost/version.hpp is in /usr/local/include:

ls /usr/local/include/boost/version.hpp

Do you still have the PervaDist directory ? Try to build again that project, to verify if anything has gone astray with your install …

I tryied to follow what you have said, i don’t understand the problem

In addition i have another problem with the activation of LIBPF! i don’t know why, it is the first time that it works in this way!!!

You have to type in the bash window the exact command I sent you:

This means: list (ls) the file with the full path /usr/local/include/boost/version.hpp.

From the screenshot it appears you have typed first this (on the 1st line):

/usr/local/include

which means: try to execute the file with full path /usr/local/include (it’s a full path because it starts with the forward slash “/” - but that does not work because /usr/local/include is a directory not a file, hence the error message “/usr/local/include is a directory”).

Then you typed this:

boost/version.hpp

which means: try to execute the file with relative path boost/version.hpp, i.e. relative to your current position in the tree structure which appears to be ~ i.e. the home of your profile which on Apple OS X will be /Users/marcocescocasanova.

Anyway that does not work either because /Users/marcocescocasanova/boost/version.hpp does not exist , hence the error message “No such file or directory”.

These guides and cheatsheets for the OS X terminal and bash may help you:

The 1st command you typed correctly, and it confirms that the file /usr/local/include/boost/version.hpp is where homebrew put it. Qt Creator should build the mcfcccs.pro project just fine, not complain about missing boost/version.hpp (it should find it because /usr/local/include is added to the INCLUDEPATH in common.pro which is in turn included in mcfcccs.pro).

What version of Apple OS X are you running on right now ?
What version of XCode ?
What version of Qt Creator ?
Please try to build with Qt Creator the pepper/pepper.pro project. And if you still have the PervaDist directory, try to build again that project too with Qt Creator.

BTW this works like a charm here with OS X 10.10, Xcode 7.2.1 and Qt Creator 5.5:

This is what happening, and the version of QT that i’m using

To find out what version of XCode you have, launch Xcode from Launchpad then go to Menu bar on the top, select Xcode (to the right of the Apple icon), then “About Xcode” this is what I see:

To find out what version of Qt Creator you have, launch Qt Creator then go to Menu bar on the top, select Qt Creator (to the right of the Apple icon), then “About Qt Creator” this is what I see:

Maybe i have a different version of xCode?

Yes, your version of Qt Creator is more recent than mine (that’s OK) but Xcode is outdated.

Please do the following:

1. close Qt Creator

2. perform a software update from App Store -> Updates; this should pull a more recent version of Xcode, actually you should then have the same (7.2.1) as I do

3. now update the Xcode internal components: open Xcode from Launchpad, go to Menu -> Xcode -> Preferences, Downloads tab, click on “Check and install now”

4. open a terminal, type:

clang -v

then write here the response

5. check the status of homebew: open a terminal, type

brew doctor

then write here the response

6. update / upgrade homebrew: open a terminal, type

brew update

wait for completion, then:

brew upgrade

7. try to build with Qt Creator the pepper/pepper.pro project

8. if you still have the PervaDist directory, try to build again that project too with Qt Creator

9. finally try again with the fc/mcfcccs.pro file.

do all these steps and report back !

just a question, finally after hours, i have installed the new version of Xcode.
When you said : Downloads tab, click on “Check and install now”, what components should i download of these?

Basically we need none of the additional components/documentation. The advice to “Check and install now” is because sometimes with a major new version of Xcode they update the Xcode command line tools, and it is better to force it to check and install.

here you are the first step.

And the other ones.

i have the same problems!

about the step 8: if you still have the PervaDist directory, try to build again that project too with Qt Creator, i haven’t the pervades directory! what i have to do?

i wonder if there are problems in the build settings??

YES ! That’s it ! you are cross-compiling for iOS (the operating system of the iPhone / iPad) consequently you are using a toolchain which is completely independent from the compiler / libraries / header files installed on the host operating system (i.e. Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite). That’s why the boost library that you correctly installed is not picked up.

You have to:

• reset the build settings by deleting the file mcfcccs.pro.user file in LIBPF_SDK_osx_1.0.2346/fc

• open again the mcfcccs.pro file with Qt Creator by double-clicking, then configure the build for Desktop Qt 5.5.0 clang 64 bit as in this screen-shot:

now it seems work =) right?